Superior Technical Ceramics (STC) provides a proud, caring, and safe environment that allows our team to thrive in delivering value to our customers. We encourage creative thinking and problem solving for everyone. We grow our company through open communication, strong leadership, and continuous improvement that ultimately benefits our customers, employees, their families, and our communities.
Join our team! We are currently hiring for:
The Isostatic Press Engineer drives new product development and supports engineering initiatives to improve product quality, process efficiency, and department productivity.
- B.S. or M.S. in Ceramic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field.
- Process engineering and design experience.
- Experience operating production and laboratory equipment.
- Skilled in AutoCad and MS Office applications.
- Strong organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Drive product development of ceramic isostatically pressed designs; define and characterize requirements for tooling, pressure, and compaction dynamics.
- Design process tooling to meet customer specifications and provide estimates of cost and lead time to support on-time delivery of product.
- Perform design reviews with sales/customers that incorporate a detail-oriented perspective on the impact of the forming process on surface finish/artifacts, dimensional accuracy, and projected overall integrity of produced parts.
- Grow innovation capability to expand the complexity of parts in STC’s portfolio, introduce new tooling, equipment, and technology.
- Contribute to the identification, justification, and implementing of capital equipment and engineering projects to support manufacturing objectives.
- Drive process improvements affecting yields, capacity, cycle times, and cost.
- Optimize machine and material process parameters based on LEAN principles, DOE, statistical analysis, and materials science.
- Work closely with technicians/production personnel in process tracking, optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical support to resolve manufacturing disruptions, then develop and implement permanent, sustainable countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop and deliver training materials in areas identified that require increased organizational awareness and/or functional knowledge.
- Interface with sales and business development team to assist customers in production build programs.
- Other duties as required.
New Hire Relocation Assistance Bonus
STC offers a competitive salary & benefits package which includes:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Paid Time Off/401(k)/Employer Match/Profit Sharing/Tuition Assistance
Interested applicants should apply online at: www.ceramics.net
or send your resume via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment with STC may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, STC may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print