Superior Technical Ceramics (STC) & IJ Research pride themselves on providing a proud, caring, and safe environment that allows our team to thrive in delivering value to our customers. We encourage creative thinking and problem solving for everyone. We grow our company through open communication, strong leadership, and continuous improvement that ultimately benefits customers, employees, families, and our communities.
We are currently seeking dynamic individual to lead our second shift into the future. The 2nd Shift supervisor is critical to meeting our plantwide performance objectives and will be called upon to lead by example as we continue to develop a high-performance safety culture and build upon STC’s reputation for excellent quality while improving on time performance. This Supervisor will engage and grow the team in a collaborative environment to develop creative solutions for safely improving plant efficiencies and communication across shifts to increase overall throughput. This individual will lead a team located across the three buildings on our St Albans, VT campus.
• Professional or technical degree or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of previous work-related leadership preferably in a production/manufacturing background.
• Above-average interpersonal skills with the ability to coach and develop individuals.
• Strong organization skills and the ability to work under pressure
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes immediate correction of unsafe acts/conditions, ensuring safety policies are being followed, and investigating accidents, as required.
• Serves as the facilitator (in charge) of all three STC buildings at the STC campus during the designated 2nd shift period.
• Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the 2nd shift and the company, which includes the ability to handle stress and interact with others to develop and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
• Ensures effective employee relations, resolves employee personal and performance issues in conjunction with management and Human Resources.
• Provides consistent and timely feedback, coaching, and mentoring to employees on development, performance, and conduct.
• Trains and coaches’ employees on department work instructions, processes, procedures, policies, and safety standards, while emulating the same behavior.
• Monitors, reviews, and approves employee time records in a consistent and timely manner.
• Analyzes actual throughput vs. expected and notifies Production Manager of discrepancies. Identifies and appropriately addresses obstacles, such as training needs, in meeting production goals.
• Directs the work of department employees to meet quality and on-time delivery requirements; address production challenges and communicate to appropriate individuals.
• Partners with Production Planning team as well as Department Supervisors to determine department workflow and schedule; forecast human capital and overtime requirements based on expected business.
• Partners with others to drive improvement projects/initiatives, ensuring continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
• Troubleshoots technical problems, calibrates equipment, and coordinates with the Maintenance Department to monitor maintenance schedules for preventive maintenance.
• Determines MRO supply needs to keep their area running smoothly and efficiently
• Assists with process engineering tasks and helps to design work holding/fixtures for production.
• Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, researching outside fixtures, equipment, tooling, packaging, and supplies to recommend process improvements
Employment with STC may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, STC may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.