Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory, and specially designed facilities for industry-leading OEMs.
We are 140+ highly skilled employees strong who bring together a range of scientific, engineering, and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets. Come join our team and help make a difference!
We are currently hiring for:
The Materials Scientist is responsible for the development of new ceramic materials and the improvement of existing materials for use in the production of technical ceramic components.
- MS Materials Science, Ceramic Engineering, or related field required. PhD preferred. Demonstrated experience in ceramic processing, including but not limited to slurry processing, granulation and powder processing, and sintering required. Spray drying process expertise preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical testing equipment for the materials industry
- Strong troubleshooting and multitasking skills with the ability to make logical and timely decisions
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Able to build mutual respect and create confidence in the work place with other employees
- Strong leadership and job ownership skills with an interest in personal growth
- Technical lead in the creation, documentation, and implementation of developmental material technology transfer from concept / lab scale to production
- Primary technical lead working with Business Development to identify new materials opportunities
- Technical lead to Business Development for new customer applications
- Technical assistance to internal customers for ceramic powders
- Present technical reports/presentations for internal/external customers and raw material/equipment vendors
- Develop and present technical education seminars to internal employees
- Work with cross-functional teams for continuous improvements of existing ceramic materials
- Support and mentor group engineers in daily production efforts as needed
- Keep pace with new applications of technical ceramics and potential opportunities for external research partnerships via networking and published reports
- Other engineering and administrative duties and projects as assigned
Best in Class Compensation & Industry Leading 15% Shift Premium
New Hire Relocation Assistance Bonus (If applicable)
Competitive benefits package which includes:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Paid Time Off/401(k)/Profit Sharing/Tuition Assistance
Employment with STC may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, STC may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print