Superior Technical Ceramics (STC) prides themselves on providing a proud, caring, and safe environment that allows our team to thrive in delivering value to our customers. We encourage creative thinking and problem solving for everyone. We grow our company through open communication, strong leadership, and continuous improvement that ultimately benefits customers, employees, families, and our communities.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to work at our St. Albans, VT. location as a Materials Production Technician. The Materials Production Technician performs all job duties within the work cell including material batching, mixing, molding, part preparation, kiln loading, in process inspection and secondary machining operations as necessary to efficiently produce quality ceramic components.
- 3 years minimum of prior machine operator and or manufacturing experience.
- Modest level of mechanical aptitude and capable of doing basic mechanical tasks.
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers, comparators, and other measuring instruments.
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting blueprints preferred.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to follow precise instructions and procedures.
- Familiarity with computers and their functionality.
- Excellent reading comprehension and solid basic math skills.
- Ability to work independently and under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and be flexible to accommodate production changes
- Experience in food & beverage or powder processing/spray drying a plus
- Proactively supports a culture of safety and quality as top organizational priorities.
- Follows all work instructions carefully.
- Safely operates all production equipment and stays focused while carrying out multiple tasks
- Monitors the operation of the machines to meet end product specifications.
- Capable of doing machine set ups, and cleaning operations.
- Qualified by QA to perform production sign offs (low priority)
- Checks the quality of the product in both unfired and fired state using the tools provided.
- Identifies non-conforming products and escalates/communicates as necessary.
- Fills out process sheets and batch logs.
- Accurately counts individual production and logs in/out of our MRP/Barcode system.
- Keeps work area neat and organized.
- Basic troubleshooting to resolve/Report faulty operations, defective materials, and unusual conditions to. Engineering.
- Brings finished parts to the next department or sequence area.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, performing a variety of other machining operations in any one of STC’s three other production locations as required.
- Family culture, employee focused
- Cigna PPO or HSA medical plan
- Free CIGNA dental coverage
- VSP Vision plan
- Health and Wellness premium discounts
- Up to a 4.5% employer 401(k) match
- Relocation assistance
Employment with Superior Technical Ceramics & IJ Research may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, Superior Technical Ceramics & IJ Research may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print