Superior Technical Ceramics (STC) prides themselves on providing a proud, caring, and safe environment that allows our team to thrive in delivering value to our customers. We encourage creative thinking and problem solving for everyone. We grow our company through open communication, strong leadership, and continuous improvement that ultimately benefits customers, employees, families, and our communities.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to work at our St. Albans, VT. location as a Materials Engineer. The Materials Engineer will provide technical leadership and production support in STC’s manufacturing process. They will drive productivity initiatives and technical projects to achieve overall process optimization.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in ceramic engineering, materials science or related technical field
- 3-5yrs of related experience in manufacturing and process engineering
- Familiarity with basic analytical testing methods for ceramic processing
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability in a cross-functional environment
- Lean manufacturing fundamentals & structured problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5yrs+ ceramic manufacturing experience or related field
- Industrial familiarity with vendors and materials available for ceramic compositions
- Demonstrated expertise in the production and testing of ceramic compositions and sintered compositions using all recognized material science and analytical tools
- Thermal processing/sintering; firing cycle design
- Experience with statistical process control and analysis
- Enthusiastic working attitude, willing to go “above and beyond”
- Proactively support a culture of safety and quality as top organizational priorities
- Provide technical leadership and support for all ceramic body prep processes and associated production equipment
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, on time, well documented and within budget.
- Support optimization of material process parameters based on LEAN principles, DOE, statistical analysis, and materials science
- Develop and manage statistical process controls for powder production and material properties of our product offerings
- Maintains open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility. Seeks out others to enhance and streamline development and decision making
- Provide technical support to resolve manufacturing disruptions and material quality nonconformances, making logical and timely decisions under pressure.
- Interface with manufacturing engineer team to grow innovation capability by supporting introduction /scale-up qualifications of new materials and advancing equipment technology
- Contribute to the identification, justification and implementation of capital equipment and engineering projects to support manufacturing objectives
- Work closely with technicians/production personnel in process tracking, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Support material quality testing lab, and develop an understanding of test equipment and capabilities used in the characterization of product and powder properties
- Interface with commercial team to assist customers in production build programs
- Other duties as required
- Family culture, employee focused
- Cigna PPO or HSA medical plan
- Free CIGNA dental coverage
- VSP Vision plan
- Health and Wellness premium discounts
- Up to a 4.5% employer 401(k) match
- Relocation assistance
Employment with Superior Technical Ceramics & IJ Research may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, Superior Technical Ceramics & IJ Research may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print