Superior Technical Ceramics is a leading materials technology provider specializing in advanced ceramic products for development and production programs. Our St. Albans, Vermont campus features a state of the art processing equipment, ranging from automated presses to 5-axis machining centers, an advanced materials laboratory and specially designed facilities for industry leading OEMs.
The 160+ highly skilled employees bring together a range of scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to provide leading solutions to the Aerospace, Industrial Process, Semiconductor, and Instrumentation Markets.
The Machine Maintenance Technician plays a vital role in supporting production by repairing, installing, and the general upkeep of complex, interrelated manufacturing machinery, facility equipment and/or STC’s three buildings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Relevant Vocational or Technical certification preferred
- Five (5) years manufacturing machinery and building experience
- Ability to provide and receive verbal and written instructions.
- Intermediate math, computer, and time-management skills.
- Ability to self-direct work to complete projects within defined time frame
- Advanced knowledge of machine repair, electrical, plumbing, pipefitting, welding, sheet metal, mill-wright and/or facility maintenance.
- Must exhibit attention to detail as well as excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Diagnose and repair, with or without schematic or manual, complex, interrelated process machinery.
- Research and recommend efficient and cost-effective solutions to appropriate leaders.
- Perform internal and external facility equipment or building maintenance such as HVAC, painting, plumbing, welding, etc.
- Troubleshoot challenging manufacturing or facility equipment and recommending permanent solutions to appropriate leaders.
- Ability to influence and impact the Maintenance budget with recommendations/decisions that are made to repair and/or replace equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance such as changing coolants, lubricants, or filters, following a set schedule.
- Train and coach incoming maintenance associates on department work instructions, processes, and procedures.
- Experience operating forklifts for repair of equipment.
- Other duties as required.
New Hire Relocation Assistance Bonus (If applicable)
STC offers a competitive salary & benefits package which includes:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Paid Time Off/401(k)/Profit Sharing/Tuition Assistance
Interested applicants should apply online at: www.ceramics.net
or send your resume via email: email@example.com
Employment with STC may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, STC may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print