Superior Technical Ceramics (STC) & IJ Research pride themselves on providing a proud, caring, and safe environment that allows our team to thrive in delivering value to our customers. We encourage creative thinking and problem solving for everyone. We grow our company through open communication, strong leadership, and continuous improvement that ultimately benefits customers, employees, families, and our communities.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to work at our St. Albans, VT. location as our Demand Planner. The Demand Planner will ensure all approved forecasts will be supported by production in a consolidated and maintained manner. This position will be responsible for leading the Sales, Inventory & Operational Planning (SIOP) including the tracking, trending, and reporting information relevant to the process.
- College degree or comparable work experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong, clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Knowledge in production scheduling and planning is a plus.
- Familiarity with the concepts of 5S and lean manufacturing desirable.
- Build and implement resource capacity planning processes across all product lines that will allow the organization to scale in response to business demand. Develop 12 month rolling forecast to support the SIOP process. Executes all facets of the SIOP process to provide an optimum customer service level as designed by the organization’s business operating plans and strategic objectives.
- Lead S&OP Process
- Works with IT department and process owners to determine the information and tools required to facilitate the operation of the business. For example, department dashboards.
- Ensures information system strategies are aligned with the identified needs; designs and implements program and project evaluation mechanisms; organizes and analyzes material for efficient reporting and retrieval.
- Coordinates and aligns information systems with program objectives; codes, documents, and tests programs and resolves related problems.
- Partners with sales, marketing, and finance to ensure the demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable volume forecast with mid- and long-term horizons.
- Collaborate with internal parties to ensure the appropriate data is available and accurate to be reviewed at the SIOP process meetings and establishes the organizational supply plan.
- Analyze production capacity monthly, or as required; maintain and update capacity data for all critical production work centers and identify solutions to resolve the constraints. Manage constraint resolution in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Identify/Implement capacity planning and resource management decision support systems capabilities. Provides input and thought leadership on new tool capabilities and enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with key internal resources to quantify all potential supply and capacity issue.
- Support master scheduling activities with planning team that includes sourcing strategy, capacity level loading and prioritization recommendations
- Generates capacity scenarios and recommend solutions to support demand upsides, sourcing strategies, utilization strategies, and capacity expansion strategies.
- Develop constrained capacity plans by working with cross functional teams to understand capacity assumptions such as efficiencies, headcount, and lead-time constraints in order to develop plans to resolve bottlenecks.
- Responsible for the quarterly review of safety stocks and other inventory programs, to modify production plan as required.
- Family culture, employee focused
- Medical, dental and vision with Health and Wellness discounts
- 401(k) employer match
- Relocation assistance
- 120-year-old company
- Advanced material
Employment with Superior Technical Ceramics & IJ Research may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, Superior Technical Ceramics & IJ Research may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print