Superior Technical Ceramics (STC) & IJ Research pride themselves on providing a proud, caring, and safe environment that allows our team to thrive in delivering value to our customers. We encourage creative thinking and problem solving for everyone. We grow our company through open communication, strong leadership, and continuous improvement that ultimately benefits customers, employees, families, and our communities.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to work at our Santa Ana, CA. company, IJ Research, as our Business Development Lead.
The Business Development Lead is responsible for the profitable growth of IJ Research by implementing the commercial strategic objectives to deliver IJ Research’s mission of being a world leader of brazing and hermetically sealed solutions. This will include leading the commercial efforts to find, qualify and convert opportunities and the coordination of key projects that support new and existing product development and refinement in conjunction with the Materials, R&D, and production teams.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering and/or Technical Management (manufacturing/materials experience preferable); MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 6 years of business and/or sales and/or engineering experience.
- Sales strategy and commercial acumen are essential
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Self-motivated, driven for excellence, with the ability to exercise sound judgment, coupled with creativity to resolve problems.
- Strong, clean, and effective written and verbal communications.
- Microsoft office: Project, PowerPoint/Excel/Word/Outlook
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
- Ability to work independently as a remote employee
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Able to build strong relationships with customers, employees, and management
- Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem solving
- Expected travel is 50% monthly
- Strong focus on finding, qualifying, and converting leads & inquiries into opportunities
- Act as the primary contact for customers
- Effectively build strong customer relationships, promote IJ RESEARCH’s current and future capabilities to prospects and customers, and assures IJ RESEARCH gets qualified to participate in quotations and product development opportunities.
- Record and maintain client contact data utilizing CRM and trip reports
- Visit OEMs, spec developers, government agencies, end-users; participate in tradeshows & conferences
- Conduct market research analysis for competitive threats and strategic opportunities
- Make customer presentations that demonstrate how IJ Research, and its products/services provide superior customer value
- Consult with engineering and production teams to create quotes using value pricing
- Assure that customer’s expectations are clearly defined regarding performance, value added, schedule of deliverables, T&Cs, and payment schedules
- Customer contract review and negotiation
- Coordinates & liaises with Market Application Engineers for technical support
- Execute Business Development budget objectives and strategies
- In conjunction with the senior leadership team, develop and execute the strategic plan that focuses on establishing yearly and long-term goals to grow IJ RESEARCH profitably, including new business targets
- Maintain continuous improvement mindset to implement and/or improve processes within sales department
- Other Sales-related duties as required
- Family culture, employee focused
- Medical, dental and vision with Health and Wellness discounts
- 401(k) employer match
- Relocation assistance
- 120-year-old compan
- Advanced material
Employment with IJ Research may require or otherwise provide access to data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To ensure applicants will be able to carry out duties associated with employment, IJ RESEARCH may offer employment only to applicants who qualify as a “U.S. person,” including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other “protected individuals,” as defined by applicable law. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply View All Openings Print